The Pre-Bankruptcy One-on-One Counseling from ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions* is a individual-based counseling session over the phone that is offered for those who want more individualized attention. How The Individualized Session Works:
- Once you have completed your Online Intake, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. Or, you may call ClearPoint at 1.877.412.2227 (CCCS) to book an appointment. Once you have selected your appointment day and time you will be sent a confirmation letter.
- At the appointed time, your counselor will call you to provide the session. At the end of the counseling session, you will take a short survey and the counselor will answer any remaining questions.
- Upon conclusion, the counselor will email (or mail, upon special request) your certificate.
You may pre-pay for your session now using the links below (please be sure to enter the client’s name and client number or telephone number [for internal tracking only]), or at the time of the session. You may also pay for the service when you schedule the appointment by providing your debit card number to our representative.
The Pre-Bankruptcy One-on-One Counseling Session will cover a wide variety of topics,
- Summarizing and prioritizing your financial needs;
- Your options for getting out of debt;
- Your personal budget;
- Common types of bankruptcy;
- Alternatives to bankruptcy;
- Overview of bankruptcy;
- Consequences of bankruptcy:
- Credit after bankruptcy;
- Timeline for bankruptcy discharge;
- The role of an attorney;
- The role of the US Trustee;
- Developing an action plan; and
- much more.